Another Yoho Blow in town and another foot of snow at Emerald.
Tracksetting is due tomorrow–but it’s gonna be a lot of work! John will likely start at Emerald???
And we are due for very warm weather also. Que sera sera hey….enjoy.
Spring should be here soon.
Hans is just heading out to do the trails @ Emerald Lake in AM. Have a GREAT ski!
Joe will do the Connector to Field and the Kicking Horse in PM.
We express a sincere Thank You to..
1. Our fabulous volunteer chef Everett Cooper of Field’s own “Truffle Pigs Bistro”
2. And our 2 wonderful volunteer prep cook/servers: Helen Barry & Maggie Fields
This is no small task to cook for 80-100 people and pull it off without a wrinkle (all while also cooking for a wedding party at the Pigs)!
- Thank you to the Truffle Pigs & Staff for sharing their chef
- GFS (Gordon Food Service) for donating $250.00 of food
- Helpers Marla/JP, Rachel/Laurie, Sophie, and Anja for taking care of the kids’ table and their special meal
- Emerald Lake Lodge for funding the ski trails at Emerald Lake
- Columbia Basin Trust for buying 1/2 our new Skidoo
- To all $100.00+ donations to the Trail of $kees = $1,160.00
- To all our MEMBERS — 85 strong this year
- Donation boxes to date = $1,190.00
The supporters who donated door prizes & auction items: Pierre Lemire, Bruce Bembridge, Kicking Horse Ski Club, Trail Sports in Canmore, Friends of Yoho, and Emerald Sports & Gifts
THANK YOU EVERYONE! And especially to…
Everett, Helen, and Maggie who made this all happen!
Decided to try the Lake Ohara trail today and we were shocked! What a beautiful double tracked wide gorgeous trail on that road now!!!!!! Bruce must of got his dream machine —some kind of piston bully or what????
And the tracks were fresh and hard!!!
I was just blown away!!!! Way to go Lake Ohara!
Get out there skiers. You will be blown away also! Marilyn
Reporter Jason van Rassel of the Calgary Herald wrote an article today featuring the KHSC and Emerald Lake. Give it a read: http://bit.ly/1bFir62